SARAH SPEAKS: 5 THINGS TO NOTE
Photography by Victoria
You know the quote, experience is the best teacher? Well the older I get, the more I see how true this is, because some of life's greatest lessons can only be taught through experiences. So for today's edition of Sarah speaks I'll be sharing five of my lessons learnt.
1. It's great to plan but as human beings things don't always go as planned, we are not God, we don't know the future (Proverbs 16:9, 19:21). Hence it's always important to seek God in everything and to approach every situation with an open mind.
2. Talk less and do more. If you remember one of my resolutions for this year was to say less and do more and so far so good. I'm honestly at this point in my life where I try to keep what goes on in my life quiet until its time to share. And the truth is secrets are always sweeter.
3. It's perfectly normal to fall short, nobody's perfect. The important thing is to first of all forgive yourself, confess and move on (1 John 1:9). And then work on bettering yourself. "It's okay to make a mistake once or twice but the third time is foolishness "
4. In this life I've learnt that you can't please everyone. Not everybody is going to like you either and some people will judge you when they don't understand you. But never forget its always a good thing to stand out for the right reasons. Just because the crowd is doing it, doesn't mean its right, remember my post on standing out.
5. Finally, the secret to happiness is to celebrate the accomplishments of others. Everybody has their moment to shine, look at Olajumoke, the breadseller now turned model. Nothing steals your joy than envy and comparison. So rejoice with others because your time will come.
What are some lessons that life has taught you? Please share! Also don't forget to repost.
Till next time!