SARAH SPEAKS: 5 THINGS TO NOTE









Photography by Victoria 

You know the quote, experience is the best teacher? Well the older I get, the more I see how true this is, because some of life's greatest lessons can only be taught through experiences.  So for today's edition of Sarah speaks I'll be sharing five of my lessons learnt.

1. It's great to plan but as human beings things don't always go as planned, we are not God, we don't know the future (Proverbs 16:9, 19:21). Hence it's always important to seek God in everything and to approach every situation with an open mind.

2. Talk less and do more. If you remember one of my resolutions for this year was to say less and do more and so far so good. I'm honestly at this point in my life where I try to keep what goes on in my life quiet until its time to share. And the truth is secrets are always sweeter.

3. It's perfectly normal to fall short, nobody's perfect. The important thing is to first of all forgive yourself, confess and move on (1 John 1:9).  And then work on bettering yourself.  "It's okay to make a mistake once or twice but the third time is foolishness "

4. In this life I've learnt that you can't please everyone. Not everybody is going to like you either and some people will judge you when they don't understand you. But never forget its always a good thing to stand out for the right reasons. Just because the crowd is doing it, doesn't mean its right, remember my post on standing out.


5. Finally, the secret to happiness is to celebrate the accomplishments of others. Everybody has their moment to shine, look at Olajumoke, the breadseller now turned model. Nothing steals your joy than envy and comparison. So rejoice with others because your time will come.


What are some lessons that life has taught you? Please share! Also don't forget to repost.
Till next time!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love your posts and the honesty you bring to it. It makes it so relatable!
    http://www.anicheberry.blogspot.co.za/2016/03/t-shirt-and-jeans-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this vivid outfit

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely all note worthy, things sometimes never go as planned and we should be okay with it.
    I've learnt we need to decide to be happy,happiness is a decision.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit by the way, need to invest in white shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so happy in these pictures
    Not something I see everytime. Very beautiful.

    Nice post and I love the simplicity of the outfit..

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so important to just sit and take stock of lessons. I even did a post on it a couple of weeks ago. For a while, I struggled with blaming God when bad things happen but I learnt that He makes everything beautiful in its time and that's kinda why it's important to seek His face in everything like you said. That's probably the most important thing I've learnt in a while.

    I also agree with the third and fourth point. I try to better myself o but I can't kill myself because I'm trying to please anybody.

    I love how you are able to pull of that look. Still trying to get a hang of this really loose clothing business.

    http://tobiadegbemi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit first of all.☺ So true what you said about making plans. I've learned not to bother too much about things I can't control. I just do my possible best and leave the rest to God. Another thing I've learned and still learning is trusting God in my most difficult times. Its not been easy but I'm definitely getting there.

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and inspiring look especially the colours. And after reading your 5 tips towards life am very much enlighten and feel great !
    Enjoy your Sunday dear Sara
    x

    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that pop of color. lesson number 4 has been key in my life.

    https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Iyesogie yes you definitely need white pumps and I do agree happiness is a choice though it is not always easy
    @En_kay aww thanks girl
    @ I like your note girl, it's important to always seek God in everything because his timing is always the best. Thank your
    @Yeah girl as you said do the best you can and leave the rest to God and also trusting him always is important. Thank you
    @Wenluditoh glad you liked it, thank you
    @Sharron thank you!

    ReplyDelete