SARAH SPEAKS ON: SELF CENSORSHIP

by - 1:07:00 pm

Full outfit post here 

I came across a post I wrote two years ago and as I read it, it just spoke to me afresh so I thought why not share. 

Ever associate with certain people and after sometime find yourself unconsciously talking or acting like them? I touched on this in a post on the company you keep but now think of how the various forms of media we expose ourselves has a way of influencing us. 

So let me challenge you now as I ask you one simple question, "what do you think about when you're alone?"  
The music, movies and books we expose ourselves to might seem harmless on the surface but when you read between the lines or look deep within you might discover than they mean so much more. 

The truth is what we choose to meditate on matters because it shapes our attitude and that's eventually what we become. I am also talking to myself when I say this, we need to really censor what we allow our eyes to see. Its a constant struggle but God's grace is sufficient for us.

"And now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise"

(Philippians 4:8 NLT )

 Talk to me on

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I talk about this a lot, these days most people do not even think for themselves anymore. Nice post

    ReplyDelete