2016 IN REVIEW


Hey awesome readers!
Looking back at 2016, I'd say we had an awesome year on the blog. I tried new things, worked with different brands and bloggers. Now you know I couldn't have done all this without you, so thank you so much.

*click on the bold faced words to view the full posts

This year I'm glad to have worked with several bloggers including, Lapassion VouteeDee MakoStyle by EnkayDye 2KHow Would You Wear, Mide CokerDanielDimple Khadi, and The Beautiful Eagle Eye.

For the longest time, I had wanted a segment where I could share my thoughts on more serious issues and I'm glad that this year I launched Sarah Speaks. Now this segment is all about inspirational and motivational pieces.

I also worked on diversifying my content by including more lifestyle posts and my various adventures, hope you guys like the changes.



Of course this is still a fashion blog so there must be fashion outfit posts. Below are image from some of my favorite outfits and moments. What's your favourite?






It seems this year we took retro vintage fashion to another level lol, but this is just proof that I'm probably living in the wrong era.

Once again, I'd like to say a big thank you to all the brands and bloggers I worked with this year. A big shoutout to my various photographers, thank you so much. And to my awesome readers, thank you,  thank you. I hope to continue to bring you guys fresh content in the coming year.

What was your favourite outfit? Favorite segment or post this year? What would you like to see more of next year? What areas should I improve in? Please leave your thoughts below.

Thanks once again!
You are all awesome!

Stay in touch
 FacebookInstagram 

23 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Having been one of your readers from the time you were abroad studying, I can see how much progress you have made and this year has been lovely and of course your outfits are on fleek as usual. Continue with the good work. I remember when I just started my blog, its people like you that made me think huh if Sarah can make it, I can too. Your lovely work inspires many out there so am sure 2017 will bring plenty fab new content from your end. Compliments of the season.

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much hun, you just made my day. Its funny how we can sometimes put ourselves or work down but yet others gain inspiration from it. Thanks again and compliments of the season to you too.

      Delete
  2. Well done on trying new things and a great year! I really like your outfit posts. Def stuff I'll wear. Greater heights in 2017!

    www.KacheeTee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kachee and yes to a greater 2017

      Delete
  3. I loved all the looks but my favs are the Shein denim skirt, the grey midi & vintage shirt worn backwards and the Sheer midi skirt &lace. I wish you a more fulfilling and blessed 2017.
    wumituase.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wumi, I'm wishing you a great year too.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely love your style, plus that picture of Obudu is gorgeous! (Just went digging for the post) +1 reason I have to visit!

    Wish you a blissful 2017 ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amarachi, hope you enjoyed the post and yes you do need to visit. Have an awesome 2017 too.

      Delete
  5. I love the Sarah Speaks segments you brought to the blog.... you know your style is great!
    I'm sure 2017 will be better :)
    Thanks girl, I enjoyed working with you.
    My style Expression||The Pirate Shirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, it was a pleasure working with you too.

      Delete
  6. Your style is what I look forward to.I remember that I saved that four ways to wear a scarf post then. I love your blog

    middleclassnigeriangirl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much hun, it means a lot.

      Delete
  7. I love all your outfits. I love the retro vibe. You killed them all. And I am glad you started a new segment on the blog. Way to go girl! 2017 will definitely be a better year.


    Compliments of the season
    50 blog goals you should set to help grow your blog next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tega I'm glad too. Wishing you a better 2017.

      Delete
  8. I'm looking forward to working with you next yr darling. I love the fact that you bring moderation in the forefront in fashion www.adagirl.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun hun and thank you. I believe there is always more space for modest fashion.

      Delete
  9. I really love your outfits..You have really grown
    Keep slaying Sarah!xoxo

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your style is real and relatable. The second picture is too cutee and my favourite outfit is the Shein Denim skirt.
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, it is one of my favorites too.

      Delete
  11. You look Amazing..Happy new year Dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ayee you killed it in 2016!! Cheers to an even bigger 2017!

    ReplyDelete