SARAH SPEAKS: THE LITTLE THINGS

by - 8:14:00 am


As we reach the last few hours of 2016, it is important to look back and see how far we've come, reflect on the goals we accomplished or failed in and look within on ways to improve in the coming year.

I don't know what might be running through your mind right now, you might have had a horrible year and are just waiting for a fresh start. But in life I say let's be thankful for the little things.

So you didn't reach your goal, or get that opportunity you've been waiting for. Maybe your prayers were not answered (God knows why, Isaiah 55:8). Perhaps you failed in sticking to your resolutions. There's no point crying over spilled milk, let's try to be thankful for the little things. No matter how bad everything might be, there must be something right or good happening, so let's focus on the positives.

The truth is that a heart of gratitude brings about blessings. Oprah said it best
"be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."

I'm thankful that I successfully completed my NYSC service year in Calabar, Cross River State (post here). Though I may not be rich yet, I'm thankful for a new business idea. I'm thankful for new friendships and relationships. I'm thankful for you guys, my awesome readers.  I'm thankful for life and an opportunity to try again. 

What are you thankful for this year? No matter how small, write it down below.

Hope you all enjoy your New Year's celebration. Please be safe and careful, things tend to go wrong around this time. Also, I encourage everyone to go to church, let's start 2017 with God.

See you all in 2017!

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Inspiring post. Personally am thankful for life, good health and the gift of family and friends. Cheers to more amazing posts next year..thanks for always dropping by my blog to comment..Be blessed and have a blessed 2017..xoxo

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your constant feedback hun. I'm thankful for all those things too hun. Here's to a greater 2017

      Delete
  2. I'm thankful for friends that spurred me to be at my peak, for my family and for love
    https://pribodunke.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends that inspire are a must. Thanks for stopping by hun.

      Delete
  3. I'm thankful for life in itself, my blog journey, the ups, downs and everything in between. It's really easy to concentrate on things we don't have enough in this digital age but then a conscious effort and God's grace is all that's needed. Ah, I must be in Church on Sunday. Nothing is stopping me. Happy New Year in advance dear.
    A Retrospective Account of 2016!
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl, social media has a way of making you focus on the have nots but thank God for his Grace. Happy New year in advance. I look your determination, we must go to church oh.

      Delete
  4. Happy new year Sarah! 2016 was a very trying year for me but I'm indeed grateful for the little things and small victories. I'm grateful especially for family and good health. Cheers to an amazing 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping for a better 2017 for you and me. Happy new year dear.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year Sarah!!!
    Such a pretty smile. 2016 was a great year. I'm thankful for the several opportunities, new friends and family. I hope 2017 is better.
    My Style Look Book Series

    ReplyDelete