GREENERY COLOUR OF THE YEAR

by - 11:47:00 am



 Hey Beautiful people, how was your weekend?

In life, if there’s one thing that can hold one back is fear. The fear of trying, failing or being rejected can cause one to live an average or mediocre life. Anxiety or worry about things beyond our control will only make us sad and helpless. Fear is horrible really because with it we will never grow.

Now what does the bible say about fear?

“Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand” (Isaiah 41:10)

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 



 “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)

These few scriptures are just a taste of what God tells us about fear, you can see more reminders here  
So why should we as chritians fear, the Lord of heavens armies is watching over us 24/7. These words “Let your faith suffocate your fear” by Dr Paul Eneche constantly ring in my head each time I start to overthink. So here’s to a year filled with bold steps, no regret or fear. Who’s with me?




Photography by Victor Audu

I Hope you all had an awesome weekend by the way. 
Now onto the outfit, I have never really been a fan of green truthfully. If you look through my wardrobe, you'd barely see any green items. However, the Pantone colour of the year 2017 is greenery which signifies new beginnings. I like what the colour stands for and feel its befitting for a fearless 2017

In styling, I just opted for two shades of green and added a stripe blazer. Blazers are such a staple piece which can instantly dress up an outfit. My khaki skirt was previously style here, here and here. On a casual day especially when I want to be free from heels, you'd find me in a get up similar to this. 

Shoes: Zaful || Skirt, Blazer: Thrift || Bag: Street Buy

You can follow Zaful on their Site, Facebook and Pinterest 

What are your thoughts on greenery as the colour of the year?
Follow on



You May Also Like

17 comments

  1. Yassssssss baby girl. No to fea. Loveeeee this outfit. I think you should wear more green, I'm loving the top. Go girl! 🙌

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tokoni yes to a fearless 2017, thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shoes🙌🙌 and you are so right about fear!!
    http://bit.ly/2jI0ydy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how laid back this look is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic post, I like your style :)

    new post
    https://www.instagram.com/ilijac/
    http://mensfashionobsession.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you made green come alive. I don't think I have anything in green sef. It's a colour I find hard to wear. Thank you for the scriptures!

    Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love those shoes. you have a gorgeous figure by the way!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anniedora, thanks for the constant feedback girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Collins thanks you, maybe its time for us to rethink green items. And I'm glad the scriptures spoke to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ilija @Sharron
    Thank you for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your page!!! xx

    https://theestylenomads.blogspot.co.uk/
    IG: @stylenomads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I honestly do not like green especially the shade on the Nigerian flag. I guess it's cause it's too deep because I really do love this outfit. The blazer and shoes in sync and the camisole and skirt. Really cute.
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always been a lover of green which I why I love the color palette laid here.
    I also love your flats,very stylish.
    And yes,I am definitely with you on a year of taking bold steps and no regrets.

    New post on my blog

    stylebyenkay.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Un outfit genial, me encanta!!

    https://adrianabohostyle.com/category/youtube/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful inspirational photos! :)
    kisses from Italy
    http://blamod.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love shooting my style pictures at garden's or places with greenery.
    I don't own that many green pieces, but I think forest Green is the most versatile shade of green when it comes to clothing.
    I also like to wear a touch of Green everyday in October :)

    Tuke's Quest

    ReplyDelete