SARAH SPEAKS: NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS, WHY BOTHER?

by - 3:06:00 pm


Now while it’s important to set goals, we must be careful of the people we reveal them too. It’s quite unfortunate but a lot of people are not really friends. They’re just waiting for us to fail. This is why we must learn to “say less and do more”.

On a lighter note, this year I have challenged myself to read at least two books a year and blog at least three times a week. What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe in New Year Resolutions? What are some goals that you set for 2017?
The great thing about a New Year is that feeling of having a fresh start, a chance to try again and do better. And with every New Year comes resolutions. I'm sure we're all familiar with the "new year, new me" phrase but why bother a lot of us might ask? At the end of the day a lot of us either end up abandoning our goals mid-year or not even starting them at all.

Have you ever heard of the quote "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss it you will land among the stars" (Les Brown)? It basically means, aim as high as possible so that even if you don't reach your goal you would have at least accomplished a lot. I believe resolutions are there to guide us when we stray and also help us evaluate our progress. I don’t know about you but this year I'm going big, unimaginably big. I'm going through this year with faith guys, lots and lots of faith too.

Now while it’s important to set goals, we must be careful of the people we reveal them too. It’s quite unfortunate but a lot of people are not really friends. They’re just waiting for us to fail. This is why we must learn to “say less and do more”.

On a lighter note, this year I have challenged myself to read at least two books a year and blog at least three times a week, so be sure to subscribe to my mailing list to get notfied of new posts.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe in New Year Resolutions? What are some goals that you set for 2017?

Stay in touch

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy New Year, dear. I wish you a great year and I pray you meet up with your goals. Have an awesome one.

    www.zinnyfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zinny happy new year to you hun and thank you for stopping by

    ReplyDelete