5 QUICK WAYS TO REVAMP YOUR WARDROBE

by - 10:27:00 am

Hey beautiful people!

So last year I did a closet overhaul and my closet thanks me everyday. I'm also thinking of doing it again, very soon. Because the truth is, having a proper wardrobe will not only make dressing up easier but also, help with the "so many clothes but nothing to  wear" dilemma. 

Now while this post was actually supposed to go up early this year to get us prepared for the new year, 2017 has just begun so it's definitely not too late.

This post right here, will guide you on five quick ways to transform and refresh your wardrobe to polish your style game and leave you slaying twenty four seven. Now who doesn’t want that?

how to revamp your closet


 1. Take inventory
First things first, take stock of your wardrobe. This basically means going through you closet, finding out what you have what you need and what you need to get rid of. The truth is a lot of us don’t really know what we have in our wardrobe because we have way too many clothes. So this new year, please go through your collection.

2. De-clutter
Once you know what you have ask yourself questions like, when was the last time I wore this? Is this easy to style? Is this item aligned with my personal style? Can I still wear this? Let go of all your unworn and unused clothes. If you haven’t worn in in two-three months then let it go. If it doesn’t fit anymore give it away, well unless you plan to be a part of the fitfam this year. 

If clothes are too old throw them away or look for ways to revamp them. This might be your chance to fray those jeans and rock the frayed hem denim trend, who knows. You could also organize a closet sale and use the money to reinvest in your collection like I did.

3. Make a list
So now that your closet is all de-cluttered and organized, sit down and compile a list. Make a list of all the items you need, suit your lifestyle and match your style. Start with the basics and work your way up to statement pieces. Also make a list of items you have to avoid multiple and unnecessary purchases.

4. Set Style Goals
This next step is all about how you go about rebuilding your collection. I’m sure we’d all like a completely new wardrobe but who really has the money especially in this recession. Invest in the appropriate closet basics. Just start small and work your way towards achieving your dream wardrobe. For example if you’re styled is geared toward afro inspired, and then collect more prints or African inspired pieces. Or like me you can decide to purchase a made in Nigeria item every month. 
What tips would you give? Was this post helpful?
Now I've already listed my style goals here, what's yours? And how has it been going so far?

Let’s stay in touch

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. I would rather have a few pieces in my closet that I actually wear than having a fully packed closet and still be confused. It saves so much time.

    I also did a closet clear out just before the holidays and I must say I like how my closet is now looking. Great tips.

    http://deffinatlyshaz.co.zw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right girl, life is too short, there really is no time to waste trying to sift through piles and piles of clothes. I like how my closet is looking too, though perhaps a change will be needed soon. Thanks for stopping by girl.

      Delete
  2. I started de-cluttering already and I'm looking forward to rounding up! Such a need.

    www.KacheeTee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips
    Hows the week going?
    http://www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading girl, my week is going just fine.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, my name sake. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  5. I try to organise at the start of a new season. Any thing I haven't worn the season past, gets packed up for the homeless. I haven't really figured out my style yet because I'm more of a "look in the closet and see what you can mix up" kind of gal! Sometimes, I would create a look in my head the night before and when I try it the next day, I absolutely hate it. Which is why I wing it when it comes to fashion and styling.

    ReplyDelete