FLARED SLEEVES + HIGH WAIST TROUSERS

by - 1:24:00 pm

flared sleeve, bell sleeve, blush, pink, leopard print, pink highwaist trousers
flared sleeve, bell sleeve, blush, pink, leopard print, pink highwaist trousers

Hey guys, how was your weekend? Mine was hella busy. 
It's funny how weekends are supposed to be for rest but nope especially with one being an adult. I miss being a child most times. Over the weekend, I actually went to my tailor to pick up some of my items and was disappointed to see that she didn’t meet my expectation. Standing there,I felt like crying as I had imagined how I would style it and blog it. Though we move still, once I get my sewing machine, this will be over. 

Looking back at 2016 fashion trends ranging from chokers to off-shoulders, the flared sleeve trend has to be one my favourites. I love the added drama to a basic top which just changes everything up. Today I paired this nude flared sleeve top previously styled here with one of my favourite clothing items, these high waist pink trousers. I then opted for nude single sole sandals to complement the top so as to keep everything minimal and centred on the blouse. And little pop of leopard print in my purse added a little extra spice to the outfit. 

flared sleeve, bell sleeve, blush, pink, leopard print, pink highwaist trousers
flared sleeve, bell sleeve, blush, pink, leopard print, pink highwaist trousers


Now if there is one thing I regret about my Bangkok days here and here, is the fact that I did not hop on the thrift bandwagon earlier. These pants bought for about $1 almost three years ago,has to be one of my proudest thrift finds along with this purple high-waist pants (styled lookbook here and here)
 And each time I rock it, I receive compliments with people proceeding to ask where I shop. At the end of the day it’s not about the brand or how much money you spend but about how you rock it. Because trust me some of my favourite items are almost always thrifted like this flared sleeve blouse styled here.

flared sleeve, bell sleeve, blush, pink, leopard print, pink highwaist trousers
flared sleeve, bell sleeve, blush, pink, leopard print, pink highwaist trousers
Photography by Blessing Audu

Trousers: Thrift || Blouse: The Vintage Connection Ng(Instagram) Similar here and here
 || Purse: F&F (Similar)

Have an awesome week everyone!

Where would you rock this look to?

Let’s stay in touch

You May Also Like

18 comments

  1. Great combo! Love this looks!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree dear it’s not about the brand or how much money you spend but about how well you rock it. That's what I say all the time, I tell my friends here it's all about 'packaging' like we say. Anyways love the way you've styled the entire outfit.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly girl it's not about the cost but as you said, the packaging. Thanks Bernie

      Delete
  3. J'adore! beautiful as always!
    thanks for sharing. bisous
    https://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah Nigerian tailors disappointing since the beginning of time; I don't even get excited tnsew sec cos the style might not match at the end of day lol. Style definitely has nothing to do with brand or price just how you style what you've. Love the touch of print with the purse and. I'm coming for your pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol girl but initially I tested her and she did good. Even with my sister's item which we collected the same day. My issue with her was how she cut and positioned the material. Thank you for the comment. And lol you can have the pants but I want your plaid bomber.

      Delete
  5. You kilt it as usual Sarah <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This 'adulting' thing isn't a joke at all but we'll surely pull through. You can never go wrong with high waist pants. I totally love this look!

    Evita In Progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you girl, I'm tired mostly but its all good. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. simple and nice
    http://jenymcbryt.blogspot.com.ng/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the flared sleeve tread too Sarah! I actually just posted a look on one too lol Love how you styled yours...sorry about your tailor, thats always the worse when you have certain expectation that is not met :/

    PoshNPetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete