RUFFLES & BELL SLEEVES

Bell sleeve ruffle blouse, white blouse, 2017 trends
Bell sleeve ruffle blouse, white blouse, 2017 trends

Hey beautiful people, 
It’s funny how we tend to take certain things for granted in life. Over the weekend I was so unwell, I couldn't even make it to work yesterday hence the lack of a new post. With that being said, I'm thanking God for divine health and a speedy recovery. I'm also feeling great guys so please no comments on my heath, I just wanted to stress this next point. Because if there is one thing I am taking away from all of this, it is the importance of celebrating those little victories even as we enter the second quarter of 2017.

Moving on, I'm coming back to you guys with one of my current favourite trends, the bell sleeve trend. I tend to shy away from trends because I believe in the importance of investing in classic pieces. I mean, why spend so much on an item that would be out of date in a few month. However, if there is one trend I am making an exception for, it’s the flared sleeve and ruffles trend. And this is exactly where thrifting comes in; it allows you to rock certain trends without having to spend so much money.

I have previously styled flared sleeves  here, here and here

Bell sleeve ruffle blouse, white blouse, 2017 trendsBell sleeve ruffle blouse, white blouse, 2017 trend,front slit midi pencil skirt

In styling I went with a monochrome colour palette with my black buckle skirt previously styled here. In my opinion, the monochrome or black and white colour palette always works. The skirt is currently on sale in my thrift store The Vintage Connection Ng for 2k for anyone interested. 
  
Bell sleeve ruffle blouse, white blouse, 2017 trend,front slit midi pencil skirt
Bell sleeve ruffle blouse, white blouse, 2017 trend,front slit midi pencil skirt
Photography by Victor Audu

Skirt: The Vintage Connection Ng || Top: Thrift || Sandals: Zara || Shades: Street Buy

Happy new month by the way, may our April be filled with lots of wisdom, insight and ideas (Jeremiah 33:3).
One thing I'd like to accomplish this next quarter is to finally get one or two of my articles featured on a major site. What’s one thing you’d like to accomplish in this next quarter? I find that publicly setting goals helps one stay on track, so please share?


What are some of your current favourite trends? What are your thoughts on trend?

Follow on

14 comments:

  1. Happy new month to you Sarah dear and glad you're feeling so much better! I agree with you on investing in timeless pieces but sadly I learned that the hard way because I used to follow all the trends. I'm a changed woman now haha.

    But I'm loving this bell sleeve top on you, such a great find! You should wear it more often, suits your very classy and chic style!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well as they say experience is the best teacher after all. Thanks you I'm loving the top too, will definitely be restyling it, one of my best thrift finds yet.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty outfit. I've loved black and white outfits for a long time, and always gravitate towards them when I see them.

    As for goals, it'd be nice to do a collaboration with one a two brands in this quarter, especially after my recent announcement! Here's hoping and praying :)

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right black and white never fails. And I like your goal, way to dream big. The Lord will grant you request according to his riches oh, Amen. Waiting for the good news

      Delete
  3. Nicely done.

    www.tlmurban.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruffles and bell sleeves are two trends i'm loving. And you look gorgeous in them.

    -Maudleen
    www.dafashionfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, thanks so much for stopping by hun

      Delete
  5. Sarah this is such a great outfit on you. I also love the bellsleeves trend. I feel it will stick around for long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much right, I feel this trend will be around for a while too.

      Delete
  6. you look pretty
    Wonderful styling
    Http://moda-na-obcasach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to visit a new state or new country this quarter :)

    Tuke's Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm sure you will, you always follow through on your goals. Sounds like a good one as well.

      Delete